A F T E R C A R E
Looking after your new tattoo is the most important part of your procedure, you've just spent all that time waiting to get the tattoo, sitting in the chair for hours getting it done and now its time to look after it.
Straight After Your Procedure
I recommend having clean bed sheets, using a fresh towel and have clean clothes to wear.
Within 2 hours please remove the wrap and give it a wash with the Earth Balm soap and some luke warm water.
Pat dry with a fresh towel and allow to completely dry.
Using your aftercare balm
After you have given your skin time to dry completely and the tattoo feels dry and tight
(like chapped lips) its time for a small amount of the Earth Balm aftercare.
With clean hands apply a very small amount of aftercare, do not put too much on as a little goes a long way.
Do not let anyone else put your aftercare on unless they are wearing disposable gloves.
Only reapply aftercare when your tattoo feels dry and tight - this may take several hours.
Day 2 to 7
Wash your tattoo morning and night and repeat the steps in 'using your aftercare balm'
From day 3 to 4 your tattoo may become itchy, this is a great time to use the
Earth Balm 'Anti Itch spray', 2 sprays whenever needed and it will take the itch away.
Day 8 to 14
Wash once a day and apply aftercare only when needed.
Day 14 on-wards
Your tattoo should have now gone through all its initial healing stages, these are
- Light peeling of the skin
- Slight irritation
So you may resume normal person hygiene and apply any left over aftercare
whenever you like.
Things to avoid for 2 weeks:
- Animal Fur (high infection rate)
- Direct Sunlight, swimming or bathing in any water (showering is fine), rolling around in the dirt etc.
- Cross Contamination EG Someone touching your fresh tattoo, leaning on dirty surfaces
- Tight clothing (2 weeks) , Make sure your clothes are loose fitting.
Should your tattoo stick to your tattoo please wet down the fabric thoroughly before attempting to separate, otherwise you may take some of your new tattoo with the fabric.
- Body Fluids on the fresh tattoo (ewww lol)
Things to look out for:
- Severe Redness, Burning , Rash, Ingrown Hairs.
- Extreme Swelling
- Your skin feel extremely uncomfortable
If any of this occurs please contact me IMMEDIATELY and I will advise what to do.
How to Help your tattoo heal perfectly
- Eat Healthy
- Drinks lots of water
- Follow the aftercare advice
- Avoid Cross Contamination
Remember aftercare is all on you so look after your new tattoo!!